my name is Zach Both
and I want to be your
I'LL KEEP THIS BRIEF
I should start out by saying that I’m an enormous fan of Bad Robot and the incredible amount of imagination flowing out of that mysterious Santa Monica office. The films and television shows featuring that little red robot have been some of my favorite during the past decade. The dedication all of you give to preserving the mystique and magic of movies and tv is not only refreshing, but also very appreciated.
In addition to my love for your films and tv shows, I enjoy seeing the amount of attention you give to other creative pursuits not directly related to movies and television (the Action Movie FX app and the in-house screen printer come to mind). Bad Robot really is the perfect hybrid of all my interests and I would love to join such a talented group of individuals.
SO WHY ME?
I have an obsession with storytelling, movies and the process of filmmaking.
I was the kid who would risk life and limb hanging out of the back of my sister’s station wagon to get that perfect moving shot for my next spy thriller. During the long summers, I’d sneak into film shoots at the local soundstage pretending to be one of the actor’s children just to get a glimpse of some of the action.
Today, ideas for characters, snippets of dialogue, and chicken scratch storyboards inhabit a stack of weathered notebooks found on my bedside table. I’ll often spend entire weekends locked inside, devouring scripts and DVD commentaries at an almost alarming rate. Not a single day goes by where I’m not reading, watching or creating something film related.
I strive to be a living, breathing Swiss Army knife.
I’m ready and excited to contribute to Bad Robot in any way possible.
I can offer organizational skills that would give Martha Stewart a run for her money and a work ethic that some may consider supernatural. I have an attention to detail that borders on the obsessive-compulsive and I pride myself on my ability to juggle projects better than I can speak my native tongue. Lastly, I treat deadlines like photo ops... I never miss 'em.
WHAT SORT OF EXPERIENCE DO I HAVE?
Production Assistant (Art Department)
Ping Pong Summer (Indie Film ft. Susan Surandon) - September 2012 to October 2012
- Assisted art department with set dressing and on set prop creation/management while successfully staying within budget.
- Designed and coordinated the delivery of on-screen graphics and signage appearing in the movie.
Founder / Editor
Hype MKE - August 2011 to July 2012
- Launched HypeMKE.com, the fastest growing local lifestyle website in the Milwaukee area during 2011 and 2012.
- Scheduled and conducted interviews with various local business owners, artists and musicians.
- Wrote, photographed and designed weekly features that garnered over 280,000 views during the site's first six months.
Rev Pop Creative - April 2011 to December 2011
- Created posters, collateral material, logos, environmental graphics and promotional items.
- Researched and presented design concepts, discussed them with clients and made changes ahead of schedule.
- Added over 850 photos to Rev Pop's reference and stock image library.
Co-Founder / Managing Director
Student Cinema - December 2009 to April 2011
- Co-founded Student Cinema, a non-profit organization aimed at helping inner-city high school students develop their creative ideas through filmmaking.
- Planned and coordinated a three day film workshop with five guest speakers and over 45 attending students.
- Led a monthly student film screening, increasing student turnout by at least 15% each month.
- Assessed future expenditures and successfully managed resources within budget.